Mount Sacred Heart School is committed to providing the optimum Catholic educational experience for ALL its students.
We seek the full development of a child's spiritual and academic potential within a Catholic setting. Realizing that each child is an individual with great potential for achievement, the curriculum is designed to meet the needs of the students according to the guidelines of the Texas Catholic Conference Education Department (TCCED) and the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
The curriculum areas for the primary grades (K-3), intermediate (4-5), and the junior high (6-8) levels include:
Religious education, faith formation, service and outreach opportunities to "live" the Gospel word
- Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Physical Education, Dance, Health, Art, Music, Technology, Library
- Honors Math, Honors ELA, Honors Science (6th-8th)
- National Junior Honors Society (7th & 8th)
- Spanish program that includes music and dance, poetry, and cultural studies of Spanish-speaking countries
- Native Spanish and Non-Native Spanish (6th-8th)
- Electives for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students include: Public Speaking, Robotics & Advanced Robotics, Art, Band, Music, Choir & Competitive Choir, Theater, Advanced Technology & Digital Literacy, Yearbook, Etiquette & Social Skills
- Small group activities and learning centers that are developmentally appropriate in the primary grades
- Global awareness activities
- Small student / teacher ratio